Wednesday, April 16, 2014
EVERETT, Wash. (AP) — The number of people missing in the massive Washington state landslide has dropped to six.
The Snohomish County sheriff's office said Wednesday it has removed one name from the missing list. Earlier Wednesday, officials announced that the death toll had risen to 39.
The Snohomish County medical examiner's office said it was identifying the three bodies most recently discovered and notifying families. They could be among those listed as missing, but officials didn't say if one of them led to the list being whittled down.
Incident management team spokeswoman Koshare Eagle says one body was found Monday and two were found Tuesday in the southeast corner of the debris field where the Corps of Engineers erected a berm last week.