Official Contest Rules and Regulations
All contests run by KCBQ are open to listeners 21 years of age or older. Employees of KCBQ and its affiliated advertising agencies, licensees, participating sponsors/promotional sponsors, other radio stations in the San Diego metropolitan area, and members of their immediate families are ineligible to participate and/or win. Listeners may only win a prize once every sixty (60) days. The station is not responsible for lost prizes mailed to the winner(s) of the contest. Contest prizes are non-transferable. Prizes may not be substituted or redeemed for cash or made available for resale. Contestants will be banned from all further station contests if the contestant is found in violation of these rules and regulations. If the original prize or any portion thereof is not available, KCBQ reserves the right to make a substitution of equal or greater value.
Payments of all federal, state, and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. Failure to comply with the contest rules may result in a contestant’s disqualification. Decisions of station management with respect to the contest are final. Winner(s) agree to indemnify and hold forever harmless KCBQ, their advertising agencies, their promotion agencies, their agents, officers, employees, affiliates, and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”) for any injuries, accidents, misfortunes, or causes of action arising from or in connection with participation in any contest and/or acceptance of the prize.
Force Majeure: The failure of the Releasees to comply with any provision of these Official Rules and Regulations due to an act of God, hurricane, war, fire, riot, earthquake, act of public enemies, actions of governmental authorities outside of the control of the Releaseees (excepting compliance with applicable codes and regulations) or other force majeure events will not be considered a breach of these Official Rules and Regulations. Copies of written contest rules and regulations are available during regular business hours at the main studios of KCBQ 1170 AM at: 9255 Towne Centre Drive, Suite 535, San Diego, CA, 92121.
Contestant has up to thirty (30) days to claim their prize at the main studios of KCBQ 1170 AM at 9255 Towne Centre Drive, Suite 535, SanDiego, CA 92121 during business hours Monday through Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm.
Dreams Come True Contest Rules
- The “[KCBQ 1170 AM] Listener Fan Club Contest” (“Contest”) is open to any legal resident of the United States, eighteen (18) years of age or older who registers for the [KCBQ 1170 AM] Fan Club and completes a brief survey on the [KCBQ 1170 AM] website at [www.am1170TheAnswer.com] from August 10, 2015 at 12:00 AM EST through September 3, 2015 at 11:59 PM EST. Current members of the [KCBQ 1170 AM] Fan Club may enter the Contest by completing the brief survey on the [KCBQ 1170 AM] website. Each entrant may complete only one (1) entry per person per participating radio station website. Employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives, and immediate family and household members of Salem Media Group, licensee of [KCBQ 1170 AM] (“Radio Station”), its parent company, its parent’s affiliated companies, and its advertising and promotion agencies are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
- A total of 70 radio stations will be accepting entries for and participating in the Contest. From all of these entries, there will be one (1) Grand Prize winner, one (1) Second Place Prize winner and ten (10) Third Place Prize winners of the Contest. Winners will be selected by random drawing on September 4, 2015 from all entries received on all participating radio station websites. Entrants need not be present to win. The winners will be notified by the Radio Station within two (2) weeks from the date of selection. The winners must complete an affidavit of eligibility and liability and, where lawful, publicity release. If Radio Station does not receive the affidavit and release within two (2) weeks, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected. Except where prohibited by law, by signing the affidavit and release, the winner grants permission to the use of his/her/its name, likeness, picture, portrait, hometown, service mark, voice, biographical/other information, and statements for advertising and promotional purposes for this and other promotions by Radio Station without additional compensation. The prizes will be awarded within two (2) weeks after all required proof and documentation is received. Odds of winning depend on the total number of entries received. Radio Station is not responsible for entries which Radio Station does not receive due to technological or online server error.
- There will be one (1) Grand Prize winner. The Grand Prize is $5,000 (“Grand Prize”). There will be one (1) Second Place Prize winner. The Second Place Prize is $1,000 (“Second Place Prize”). There will be ten (10) Third Place Prize winners. Each Third Place Prize is $100 (“Third Place Prize”). No transfer or substitution will be given for the prizes, provided however, Radio Station may, at its sole discretion, substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
- By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to abide by and be bound by all of these Official Contest Rules and the decisions of General Manager of Radio Station ("Contest Judge"). All decisions regarding the Contest including, but not limited to, selecting the winner, will be made by the Contest Judge, whose decisions shall be final. The Contest Judge may prohibit an entrant from participating in this Contest, in his/her sole discretion, if, in the opinion of the Contest Judge, the entrant fails to abide by these rules, or otherwise acts (i) in a non-professional or inappropriate manner, (ii) with an intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other entrant or Radio Station, its parent company, its parent’s affiliated companies or its advertising and promotion agencies, or (iii) in any other disruptive manner. The winner is solely responsible for all applicable federal, state, and local taxes, and may be required to complete a W-9 taxpayer identification form. All federal, state, and local laws apply. Void where prohibited. By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to release and hold Radio Station, its parent company and its parent’s affiliated companies harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind in connection with the Contest or resulting from acceptance, possession, or use of any prize, including, without limitation, personal injuries, death, and property damage, and claims based on any libel, slander, illegal competition or trade practice, violation of rights of privacy, infringement of copyrights or other rights of third parties.
- To find out the winners of the Contest, send your e-mail request to firstname.lastname@example.org.